I am a cancer survivor, scholar, entrepreneur, author, and speaker. Three years ago, I was hit by cancer, and my life came to a halt. Cancer confronted me to unseen suffering at a deeper level than I had experienced before and, in doing so, awakened me to my life’s purpose. I realized that my cancer experience, multicultural background, and vast multidisciplinary expertise placed me in a unique position to illuminate and alleviate the unseen suffering of cancer patients and marginalized patients in healthcare. I was awarded a $750K health equity innovation grant to develop and pilot innovative solutions to this vexing problem –– in collaboration with Emory School of Medicine. I’ve had an unorthodox career, and people often want to hear about my story: from gold medal ballerina to robotics scientist, entrepreneur, researcher, cancer patient, and social innovator.
- Unseen barriers to health equity
- The patient-centric path to health equity
- Cross cultural patient-provider communication
- A new system level solution to address health disparities
- My journey from cancer to health equity innovator
If you would like to invite me to speak at your event or company please contact me here.
- Keynote speaker at Health Plan
- Lecture at Emory School of Medicine
- Grand Rounds Lecture at Grady Hospital
- Keynote speaker at Health Equity Summit
- Speaker on American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) e-Learning Podcast
- Speaker at American Society of Clinical Oncology Summer Internship Program
- Guest on Christopher Lochhead Podcast (#1 Apple business podcast)